Craving some delicious food for the weekend? I have a really mouth watering dish going on for ya!
(should be good for around 4-6 -hungry person- portions)
2 heads cauliflower
2 cubes of mushroom stock
3 medium sized shallots
1/2 dl (0,2 cup) fresh thyme
300 g (0,7 pounds) of good parmesan
1 dl (0,4 cup) of cream
500 g (1,1 pounds) of champignons
3 dl (1,3 cup) of white whine
4 dl (1,7 cup) of water
This is how
1. Shred cauliflower and chop shallots in small, even pieces and the mushroom in quarter pieces, “pull” the thyme from its stem.
2. Preheat a larger pan with butter, medium heat. Fry onion during two minutes.
3. Pour wine, water and stock in another pan, let get to boil. Meanwhile, pour shredded cauliflower and mushroom into the pan with onions and mix.
4. Now, the wine blend (save some, you might not need it all) into the cauliflower and let this boil while you stir for a little while. Let boil until excess fluids has evaporated.
5. When the cauliflower is soft the fun begins (there should be no extra fluid in the cauliflower at this point, this is why you don’t add all the fluid at one time, if there is, remove with a ladle)! Add cream and thyme to the pan. Let boil for a while (until there’s a proper creamy texture going on).
6. Add shredded parmesan and fresh chopped pear and mix. Now you are almost in heaven.
7. Put a portion on a plate (or all of it in a nice bowl) and sprinkle thyme and pear on top to add that extra esthetics. Enjoy friends!
I told you my weekend food, now tell me yours!