Friday evening and you probably (I know I do) wanna eat something that goes with a glas of cold Chardonnay. Here’s an excellent recipe for the occasion!
Goat Cheese (yum) and Sweet Apple Gratin
(I’d say this recipe goes for 4-6 persons)
3 red sweet apples
1 kilo radish
400 g goat cheese
2 garlic cloves
2 stock cubes
4 dl (1,7 cups) cream
2 dl (0,85 cups) water
2 dl (0,85 cups) dry white wine
0,5 dl (0,2 cups) fresh thyme
This is how
1. Peel your apples (if they’re organic you can leave them on), radish, onions and garlic (awesome tip for peeling onions and garlic here).
2. Slice the above.
3. Fry your onions and garlic in butter in a medium preheated pan until they are golden roasted.
4. Pour cream, water and wine into the pan. Aswell as stock cubes and thyme. Let simmer and make sure you get a taste of it to see it has all you wish for.
5. While the cream and wine simmers, you put the radish and apples in a casserole and then slice the goat cheese and put evenly in between apples and radish.
6. Now, thicken sauce with arrow root or what ever kind of thickener you have at home (some even does this with an egg).
7. Pour sauce on your radish and put in oven 40 minutes 190 C (374 F) hot air. If not hot air, add 25 C (77 F).
I would serve with a delicious neutral salad (there’s a lot of flavor in this gratin so I don’t want to mix too much) with a soft balsamic vinaigrette.