Eating Low Carb (or gluten and dairy free for that matter) doesn’t mean you have to give up on that morning toast and a cup of smoking fresh coffee. Here’s a Paleo toast that almost everyone can eat.
4 dl (1,7 cups) almond flour
3 tbsp psyllium husk (read about it, buy it here)
3 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 dl (0,85 cups) unsweetened almond milk
You can add a couple of teaspoons of butter or coconut fat if you want to add to the amount of fat and moist (if so, you should also add an extra tbsp psyllium husk).
This is how
1. Preheat oven to 200 C (392 F) hot air. If you don’t have hot air just add 25 C (77 F) to the number.
2. Whisk egg with electric mixer until you have a really good fluff.
3. Add almond milk and all of the dry ingredients and whisk one more time.
4. Pour into a bread dish (tips: I usually put baking paper in the dish to avoid it gets stuck in there).
5. I usually use a spoon that I frequently wet in hot water to work with this kind of batters. You can use that to smoothen the surface or just leave it coarse.
6. Brush with whisked egg, then sprinkle Chia seeds on top.
7. Bake in oven (lower part) 55 minutes.
Slice it and give it a nice toast and voilà, no need to miss the French bread!