Who’s up for Soup Of The Week? Here’s a spicy one to kick of the fall!
Paleo and Low Carb Carrot Soup
(2,7 liters/11,4 cups soup)
1 kilo carrots
2 yellow onions
3 cloves of garlic
200 g fresh ginger
1,5 liters (6,4 cups) of tap water
6 dl (2,5 cups) coconut milk
2,5 vegetable stock cubes
5 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp Sambal Oelek
0,5 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
(optional: fresh basil)
This is how
1. Heat water and stock cubes in a pan until it boils.
2. Meanwhile you piel the carrots, onions, garlic and ginger.
3. Add carrots to the boiling water.
4. Chop onions and garlic and shred ginger. Fry in medium heated pan with coconut fat a couple of minutes. Then add to the boiling water.
5. When carrots are completely soft you blend it with a hand blender until you have a smooth soup.
6. Now you add coconut milk and blend one more time (to remove possible coconut milk lumps).
7. Add Sambal Oelek, lemon and Apple Cider Vinegar and let it come to one last boil.
8. Optional: shred some fresh basil and serve on top of the soup.