A couple of christmases ago I declared to my mum that I will not eat the classic Christmas porridge anymore. In Sweden we usually eat this as a Christmas dessert (like we need it after all that food). It’s full of carbs and I just felt it wasn’t good for me. So, we came up with this Cinnamon Panna cotta that taste Cinnamon just like the Christmas porridge does. Well, I know it’s not Christmas now, but mum made it for my visit just the same. Now you can enjoy it as well.
Cinnamon Panna cotta
6 dl (2,54 cups) of cream
1 vanilla pod
2,5 tbsp sugar
2 cinnamon sticks (it has to be the sticks)
3 gelatin sheets
This is how
1. Put gelatin sheets in water (where they will become soft).
2. Cut the vanilla pod in half and scrape the seeds and put them and the pod in a pan.
3. Pour cream and sugar in the pan, let simmer 10 minutes.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and throw out the vanilla pod.
5. Squeeze the gelatin sheets and then put in the pan. Whisk until the sheets are resolved.
6. Pour in molds and leave in fridge at least 2 hours before serving.