Don’t use this recipe for guests (you’ll want it all to yourself).
Pesto and Eggplant Pizza.
4 pizza base
120 g artichokes (drained weight)
2 small red onions
1/2 batch pesto
150 g grated mozzarella
100 g parmesan
180 g semi-dried tomatos (drained weight)
100 g rocket salad
This is how
1. Slice the eggplant and salt the slices on one side and let sit for a couple of minutes. You’ll see some water coming out of them and that’s when it’s time to switch side and do the same.
2. Meanwhile you’ll chop the onions, artichokes and start frying in a medium heated pan.
3. Chop the eggplant and add to the pan. When the vegetables starts to look soft you remove the pan from the heat.
4. Meanwhile you can get started on grating the parmesan cheese and make the pesto.
5. When the vegetables are done you mix them with the pesto.
6. Now you spread the mozzarella cheese evenly on the pizza bases.
7. Now it’s time to spread the pesto vegetables on the pizza bases (shouldn’t cover the whole pizza).
8. Then you put little piles of grated parmesan in between the vegetables. Bake in preheated oven 200 C (392 F) about 15 minutes.
9. To finish of you topp it with rocket salad and semi-dried tomatoes.
Enjoy, you’ve earned it!