Could a Cabernet Sauvignon and aged cheese ever be wrong?
Cheese breaded Eggplant with an Avocado Tomato sauce
150 g grated aged cheese
psyllium husk (this can be excluded, just be aware cheese will have a harder time sticking to the eggplant)
8 cherry tomatoes
1 dl (0,42 cups) creme fraiche or yoghurt
1 clove of garlic
juice from 1/2 lime
This is how
1. Slice eggplants in 1 cm thick slices. Salt on both sides and let sit for a couple of minutes. When you can see small drops of water on the eggplant, use your finger to brush it of and move on to next step.
2. Whisk eggs with a fork on a flat plate.
3. Pour cheese into another flat plate and psyllium husk on yet another flat plate.
4. Dip the eggplant in psyllium husk (make sure it’s covered), then egg (again, covered) and lastly the cheese.
5. Fry on medium heated pan until you have a crunchy cheesy surface (yum!)
6. Move on to the sauce. Chop avocado and tomatoes and put in a bowl.
7. Add creme fraiche, garlic and lime. Use hand blender to mix it togheter (it should be chunky, not smooth).
Enjoy with a nice Cabernet Sauvignon!