Been meaning to make French Onion Soup for a while and finally I did. So, Soup of the week is finally here (every week I can’t wait to make that soup). Onion soup sounds (not so exciting) weird but is really delicious.
3 yellow onions
6 dl (2,54 cups) tap water
1, 5 dl (0,63 cups) dry white wine
1,5 onion/vegetable stock cubes
1,5 tbsp honey
6 pieces Low Carb Bread
0,5 dl (0,21 cups) chopped fresh thyme
75 g ages cheese
This is how
1. Slices onions in small pieces.
2. Fry onion and honey in low- medium preheated pan 10 minutes (the onion should not gain color).
3. Add water, wine, stock, and thyme. Let boil 15 minutes.
4. Toast bread until they are crunchy, add on top of the soup.
5. Add cheese on top of the bread, bake in oven 200 C (392 F) hot air grill. If you don’t have hot air, just add 25 C (77 F) to the number.
6. Serve and enjoy!