Catched a cold or something equally annoying the other day and all I really can think of is soup. This Creamy Cauliflower Soup is my Chicken Broth (and it’s crazy simple to make). Enjoy!
Creamy Cauliflower Soup
1 head cauliflower
1 yellow onion
2 vegetable cube stocks
1,5 dl (0,63 cups) dry white wine
1,2 l (5 cups) tap water
4 dl (1,7 cups) cream (I’m sure you can switch to coconut cream and some lemon if you like, I only had regular cream at home so that’s how it went down)
1 tbsp fresh thyme
1 sweet and sour apple
This is how
1. Chop the onion and roast brown in butter or coconut fat.
2. Add cauliflower that you’ve made into smaller pieces.
3. Add water, wine and stock cubes. Let simmer 30-40 minutes.
4. Add cream, let it get to a boil and then remove from pan.
5. Mix the soup with a hand blender. I give this step about 5 minutes to make a really smooth and creamy soup (all though let the blender rest every now and then or you might end up with a burned engine).
6. Chop apples neatly and fry in a little bit of butter or coconut fat real quick (I make them semi soft).
7. Add fresh thyme to the apples. I pull the thyme from its stem and either throw stems or use in a stock later on, and then use the leaves.
8. Add a little bit of apples to the soup as garnish and to give the soup a little bit of a sourish addition.
I like to fry them this way to add a roasted onion flavor to the soup.
I chop neatly to make a beautiful garnish.
The stems can be quite chewy in a dish so that’s why I remove them. You can save them for making stock.