Tonight I’d decided to cook something dairy free (paleo) to balance the Creamy Cauliflower Soup I’ve been pouring into myself since yesterday. I felt really inspired and got started. After putting all my love into it (and not to mention precious time away from my new tv-series) I just wasn’t feeling it. It didn’t taste good. But, I’m here to tell you to not give up on those situations. Keep searching the fridge and cabinets for something to turn it around. I did, and it was cream. Sorry lifestyle, I’ll have to make a rain check.
Creamy Tomato and Mushroom Meat Sauce
I’d say it’ll serve 4!
1 large onion
3 cloves of garlic
100 g champignons
1/2 of an eggplant
400 g minced beef
3 dl (1,7 cups) red wine
1 dl (0,42 cup) tap water
1 mushroom stock cube
1 meat stock cube (you can take two of the same if you prefer)
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 dl (0, 85 cups) cream
1 conferance pear (or any other sweet pear)
This is how
1. Chop onions and start frying in a medium heated pan.
2. Chop mushrooms and eggplant and add to the pan.
3. Chop tomatoes and add to the pan when mushrooms and eggplants start to look soft and brownish.
4. When the tomatoes have become mushy you add wine, stock, garlic, vinegar and let simmer 30 minutes.
5. After 30 minutes (this is when I tried it and realized I’d failed) you add cream (and voilà it worked)!
6. Serve with chopped pear and some alfalfa sprouts.