This is the perfect dessert for friday (or saturday, or sunday, or, well, just about any day) when you don’t have too much time on your hands.
Creamy, Salty Chocolate Mousse
Will satisfy 4!
80 g dark chocolate (I use 75 %)
2 dl (0,84 cups) cream
cream to serve with
This is how
1. Melt chocolate in a bowl over boiling water.
2. Meanwhile you whisk the yolk and a pinch of salt togheter in one bowl and whisk cream with an electric hand mixer in another. You want the cream pretty loose.
3. Add the chocolate to the yoke and stir. This will become a thick substance but not to worry, it will blend with the cream.
4. Add cream by folding it in the chocolate mixture. You can do this in two ways. Either be super thorough or like me, I do it less thorough and enjoy some “chocolate chunks” in the mousse.
5. Before pouring the mousse into nice bowls you should taste the mixture to make sure it has the right amount of salt. I use a lot, my husband use less. It’s individual so I won’t tell you a number. But I can tell you, if you chicken out on the salt and then regret it, you can always add some flaked salt on the top when serving.
6. Leave it in the fridge about two hours and the serve it with fresh blueberries and some whipped cream.