Soup of the week has finally arrived. This is yet another really simple soup but equally delicious soup to enjoy a cold October Tuesday or on a fabulous Saturday dinner party.
Creamy Sherry and Mushroom Soup
0,5 kilo champignons
2 mushroom stock cubes
4 tbsp white sherry
3 dl (1,3 cups) tap water
3 tbsp white dry wine
4 dl (1,7 cups) cream
2 yolks + 1 tbsp tap water
350 g asparagus
50 g parmesan cheese
This is how
1. Chop the shallots and mushroom.
2. Fry shallots in medium heated pan a couple of minutes then add the mushrooms.
3. When the mushrooms have shrunk and watered you add sherry and let it simmer 5 minutes.
4. Add water and stock cubes, let simmer 5 more minutes.
5. Now you add cream and let simmer 15 minutes or so.
6. Meanwhile you chop the asparagus (I always remove 10 cm from the bottom of them, which I feel are too stringy) and fry them on low heat until they are al dente. When they’re done you pour them into a plate for cooling of.
7. Grate parmesan.
8.Remove the soup from the stove, whisk two yolks with water, pour into soup while heavily whisking (the soup can not be boiling when doing this step, nor after).
9. Blend asparagus and parmesan and top the soup.