I’ve told you before right? I’m pretty sure. That Kale is the new IT thing around here? Thus I naturally always keep a head of kale in the house. Meaning that when I couldn’t be bothered to go to the store yesterday, I simply decided on making Kale Pizza with what was in the fridge (fridge cleaning makes perfect pizzas!).
Kale Pizza with a Basil Marinated Eggplant Topping
4 large kale leafs (or 6 smaller ones)
3 tbsp olive oil
1, 5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
0,25 tsp salt
2 cloves of garlic
1 dl chopped fresh basil
100 g semi dried tomatoes
150 g cheese
This is how
1. Chop eggplant in small pieces and salt them.
2. Blend olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, garlic (that you crush) and basil (that you chop). Pour over eggplant and blend. Let this marinate 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile you cut out the stem on the kale leaf and then fry leafs in butter until they’re crisp, then spread some tomato puree on top if it.
4. Add cheese on top of the tomato puree.
5. Now you chop the semi dried tomatoes and blend with the eggplant. Before adding it to the pizza, strain it so you get ride of excess marinade.
6. Bake in oven 20 minutes 200 C (392 F) hot air. If you don’t have hot air, just add 25 C (77 F) to the number.
Ready for another faboulus topping? Check in again saturday!