Thanksgiving is coming around and it’s time to get your pumpkins going!
Hot Pumpkin Soup with a Spicy Fried Cabbage
1,7 kilos of pumpkin
120 g fresh ginger
1 yellow onion
3 cloves of garlic
3,5 dl (1,26 cups) of white wine
2 vegetable stock cube
6 dl (2,6 cups) tap water
0,5 tsp grounded cinnamon + 1 tbsp cinnamon
0,1 tsp cayenne pepper + 0,2 tsp
5 dl (2,1 cups) cream / coconut cream
This is how
1. Peel and chop pumpkin.
2. Chop onions, peel ginger and shred it, fry together with onions in medium heated pan.
3. Add wine, water, stock cubes and pumpkin. Let simmer 40 minutes.
4. Add spices and then mix the soup with hand blender.
5. Let simmer 15 more minutes.
6. Slice cabbage really thin and fry with butter/coconut fat, cinnamon, salt and cayenne pepper. Serve with soup.