Another wonderful Indian dish to bring to the weekend table. In India you celebrate Diwali around this time a year, which is a Light Celebration as a memory of Buddhist God Rama, so why not go for some Indian food this weekend and join the celebration. Yesterday I posted a Mushroom Curry to get you started.
3 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
2 cloves of garlic
1,2 dl (0,5 cups) greek yoghurt
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp cumin
small sprinkle of cayenne pepper
2 yellow onions
4 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp honey
4 tbsp tomato paste
2 tsp Garam Masala
4 dl (1,7 cups) cream (pretty sure coconut cream would be lovely as well)
This is how
1. Slice eggplant and salt to get some water out of them. Then chop them and bake them 15 minutes in oven 180 C hot air (356 F), if you don’t have hot air, just add 25 C (77F) to the number.
2. Meanwhile you mix all ingredients into a marinade.
3. Let eggplants cool a little bit before mixing with the marinade. Let marinate 30 minutes.
4. Fry them until they’re fairly soft and got some color.
1. Peel garlic and ginger. Then chop.
2. Fry together about 5 minutes.
3. Chop tomatoes.
4. Add cumin, coriander, tomatoes, honey, tomato paste and Garam Masala and let simmer 20 minutes.
5. Add cream, stir it and then add eggplants. Let simmer another 5 minutes.