Long time ago I worked at a coffee shop with lots of wonderful scones, cheese and delicious jam (needless to say, I had a few). Then one day I woke up and realized I really didn’t feel good eating them. So I stopped. But, even though the coffee shop and the stomach revelation now is far back in time, it doesn’t mean I’ve stopped craving for those babies. Here’s my healthier alternative.
Can you tell from the picture above that we got up real early, still dark outside, and made breakfast? I love that about winter, getting up early, lighting candles and eat breakfast in the dark.
Paleo, Low Carb and Gluten Free Scones
2, 5 dl (1,5 cups) potato fiber (this is low in carbs and you can find it here)
2 tsp baking soda
0,5 tbsp psyllium husk (read more about it and where to buy it right here)
1,5 dl (6, 3 cups)almond milk
1 -2 tbsp coconut fat
a pinch of salt
2-4 drops of honey
This is how
1. Use an electric mixer to whip the eggs into a fluffy mixture.
2. Add milk and give it another go.
3. add all other ingredients, give it a last whisk and let sit for a while.
4. Use a spoon to scoop it up onto a baking paper and then bake it about 15-20 minutes in preheated oven 180 C (356 F) hot air, if you don’t have hot air, just add 25 C (77 F) to the number.
Homemade Sugar Free Raspberry Jam
1 dl (0, 42 cups) frozen raspberries
1 tsp honey
0,5 dl (0,21 cups) water
This is how
1. Pour raspberries and water into a pan and let simmer about 20 minutes until it gets thick.
2. Add as much honey so that you like the taste of it (I go for about 1 tsp), mix and let simmer a couple of minutes more.
3. Remove pan from the stove and let the jam cool of before using.
Enjoy this fresh jam with no additives and no sugar, but remember since it doesn’t have just that, it will not last long in the fridge. If you want to make a big batch, I prepose you freeze it in small portions.