Last night we enjoyed H’s favorite meal. I usually go for the vegetarian Pasta Carbonara and what I do is just remove the bacon and enjoy it with fresh basil and tomatoes instead (God knows there’s enough energy in it anyways)!
Low Carb Pasta Carbonara
- Low Carb Pasta (click here for recipe)
- 50 + 50 g grated parmesan cheese
- 1 dl (0,42 cups) fresh basil
- 2 tomatoes
- 0,5 dl (0,21 cups) cream
- 2 eggs
- 200 g bacon
- Make your Low Carb Pasta (you'll find the recipe if you search "pasta" at your top right).
- Put bacon at an oven tray and crush garlic on top of it. Bake 10 minutes in oven 200 C (392 F) hot air. If you don't have hot air just add 25 C (77 F) to the number.
- Mix eggs and cream and first part of parmesan.
- Chop bacon into smaller pieces.
- Pour egg mixture, pasta and bacon into a pan and heat on low temperature (if you apply to much heat the eggs will clot. Stir until the sauce thickens then remove from stove.
- Add the last part of the parmesan to the hot pasta, mix.
- Serve with chopped fresh basil and tomatoes.
Mind the Home http://www.mindthehome.com/