I’m not sure if this is mainly a Swedish dish, where it’s usually made with potatoes instead of roots but which ever origin it has, it’s delicious. I make it with a touch of heat and like a true swede I serve it with a fried egg.
Low Carb and Paleo Spicy Sausage and Root Hash
- 500 g spicy sausage
- 4 small beetroot
- 5 carrots
- 2 yellow onion
- 2 peppers
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 tsp grounded cumin
- 4 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- Chop the sausage into smaller pieces and fry on medium heat until they've reached some surface. Then remove from pan.
- Chop and fry onion until they're soft.
- Meanwhile chop all the other vegetables.
- Add beetroots, carrots and sausages to the onions, let fry on low heat 20 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, peppers and spices. Fry additional 10 minutes.
- Serve with fried eggs.
- I'm not wild about sunny side up-eggs but I always make the yoke runny anyways and mix it up with the hash -delicious!
Mind the Home http://www.mindthehome.com/