So, here’s a new, improved (and simpler!) Pizza Base for those of you who enjoy a little thicker and crunchier crust!
Low Carb/Gluten Free/Dairy Free Crisp Pizza Base
- 2 dl (8,5 cups) unsweetened almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp melted unflavored coconut oil (if you use flavored or sented, the dough will taste coconut)
- 3 tbsp flavorless protein powder
- 4 tbsp psyllium husk
- 1,5 dl (3,1 cups) Potato fiber (this is low in carbs)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 0,5 tsp salt
- Whisk eggs with an electric blender until you have a nice foam.
- Melt coconut oil and add to the eggs together with almond milk. Whisk again.
- Add all the other ingredients and blend. Leave 5 minutes.
- Role 1/4 of the dough in your hand then put it on baking paper and put plastic film on top.
- Use a roller to roll the dough into rounds (about 20 cm in diameter), still with plastic film on top of the dough. Optional: use your hands to push out and shape some dough into a crust. Remove plastic film.
- Put the baking paper with the Pizza Base on the oven racks (not the baking tray) and bake about 12-15 minutes in preheated oven 200 C (392 F) hot air. If you don't have hot air just add 25 C (77 F) to the number.
- After this you remove the Pizza Base from the baking paper, put the Base back on the racks and bake additional 5 minutes.
- Now your Pizza Base is ready for topping and another go in the oven (on the racks without baking paper)!
- Pointers: - When the Pizza is ready, don't leave it on a flat ground, instead leave on a rack of some sort to allow air underneath the hot Pizza. Otherwise it will cause condensation.
- - If you'd like additional crisp, brush the Pizza Base with some melted coconut fat before oven!
Mind the Home http://www.mindthehome.com/