Sometimes you just need that little extra in the middle of the week (since I’m pregnant we enjoyed Richard Juhlin’s non alcoholic sparkling wine with this dinner, which I highly recommend)!
Low Carb Cream and Saffron Fish Soup
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 cm (0,4 inch) fresh ginger
- 1 clove of garlic
- 0,5-1 tsp sambal oelek
- 0,25 g (0,008 oz) saffron
- 300 g (10 oz) cauliflower
- 100 g (3,5 oz) carrot
- 200 g (7 oz) fresh fish
- 2 dl (0,85 cups) white wine
- 2 dl (0,85 cups) water
- 5 dl (2,1 cups) cream
- 1 stock cube fish
- Chop onion, peel and grate ginger, crush garlic and fry with sambal oelek and saffron in butter a couple of minutes (until the onion is soft).
- Chop cauliflower and carrot into small pieces and add to the onion, fry additional 5 minutes.
- Add wine, water, cream and stock cube, simmer 20 minutes or until the veggies are as soft as you prefer them.
- Meanwhile, chop fish into small pieces and add in the end and let simmer a few minutes before serving.
- Before serving, always taste and add salt and pepper until you're satisfied.
- - This soup is very nice with fresh shrimps as well if you want to spruce it up a bit.
- - Sometimes I like making this soup vegetarian, then I just exclude the fish and enjoy the vegetables.
Mind the Home http://www.mindthehome.com/