Low Carb and Gluten/Sugar Free Cinnamon Buns
- 4 eggs + 1 for brushing
- 1,5 dl (0,63 cups) cream
- 2,5 + 1 tbsp liquid honey
- 1,5 dl coconut powder (I use Aman Prana)
- 2 tbsp psyllium husk
- 2 tbsp baking protein
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 125 g (4,4 oz) butter, room temperature
- Whisk eggs with an electric mixer until shiningly smooth and thick.
- Add cream and honey, whisk again.
- Add all dry ingredients and whisk again.
- Mix butter, cinnamon and 1 tbsp honey.
- Use two plastic foil sheets (about 40 cm) and put the batter in-between them. Use a roller to flatten the batter. Remove top plastic sheet.
- Spread the cinnamon butter on top of the batter, carefully. If it's difficult your butter might still be to hard (cold).
- Use the plastic sheet underneath the dough to roll the dough into a roll. Cut it in pieces, about 3 cm.
- Brush with a whisked egg and top with chopped almonds.
- Bake 15 minutes 170 C hot air (338 F) if you don't have hot air, add 25 C (77 F) to the number.
- Baking protein is a no flavor protein powder that you can use in smoothies, baking etc. (I use a whey protein powder with no sugar). It is used in baking not only to increase level of protein but also to make the baking goods more fluffy.
Mind the Home http://www.mindthehome.com/