I decided it was time. The sun has been shining for some time now, the spirit is lifted and in home country Sweden I’m sure the smell of barbecue has been going on for weeks already.
While we are hunting for heaters at the balcony we are yet to tick that box and the barbecue picnic was therefore installed inside – but – close to the balcony (and the barbecue smell), on floor and odd chairs. It was as cozy and delicious as ever.
The feeling when you get to stack the dishes and carry them upstairs to the balcony (apply your own setting here) is just magic!
Usually I’ve been drinking water since the pregnancy but every now and then I go for a glas of Richard Juhlin’s Non Alcoholic Sparkling Wine.
Simple yet amazing Low Carb Creamy Vegetable Salad was served and we enjoyed barbecued Garlic and Thyme Lamb with it.
- a bundle of radish
- 150 g (0,33 lb) sweet peas
- 1 schallot
- 1/3 apple
- 1 dl (0,42 cups) creme fraiche
- 1 dl (0,42 cups) greek yoghurt
- salt and pepper
- Rinse radish and sweet peas then chop into smaller pieces and pour into a bowl.
- Peel apple, then chop into smaller pieces, add to bowl.
- Chop onion into really small pieces, add to bowl.
- Pour creme fraiche and yoghurt into the bowl and mix.
- Add salt and peppar in the end until satisfied. Leave cold 30 minutes to allow flavors to set.
- 400 g lamb shank
- 0,5 dl (0,11 cups) olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 0,5 tbsp dried thyme
- 0,5 tsp salt
- Cut the meat clean from tendons and chop the meat into smaller pieces.
- Mix olive oil, crushed garlic, thyme and salt. Mix with lamb (in a bowl) and leave in room temperature at least 30 minutes.
- Put the pieces on skewers and barbecue!
- The longer you leave the meat in marinade and in room temperature the more tender it will become.