This recipe is just too much. Big, HUGE, warning for overeating. But, then again, they’re pretty healthy so why not?
Low Carb and Sugar Free Carrot Cake
- 3 eggs
- 1 dl (0,42 cups) coconut oil, no flavor/smell
- 2,5 tbsp liquid honey
- 1 dl (0,42 cups) coconut flour (I use the one from Aman Prana)
- 2 tbsp psyllium husk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 0,5 tbsp cardamom
- 1,5 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 carrots
- 300 g cream cheese
- 3 tbsp cream
- 0,35 tsp lemon
- 0,75 tsp honey
- 1 vanilla bean
- Whip eggs with electric blender until they become a silky foam.
- Pour liquid honey into the eggs.
- Melt coconut oil and pour into eggs.
- Add cinnamon and cardamom and mix.
- Add coconut flour, psyllium husk and baking powder. Give it a quick whip and then leave a couple of minutes and mix one last time.
- Pour onto a baking paper, spread it evenly, should be about 2 cm thick.
- Bake 15 minutes in 180 C (356 F) hot air. If you don't have hot air add 25 C (77 F) to the number.
- While the cake is baking you make the frosting. Mix cream cheese, cream, lemon and honey.
- Cut the vanilla bean on the diagonal and scrape the seeds from both halves and add them to the frosting. Mix again.
- When the cake has cooled down you spread the frosting on top and leave it in the fridge to allow the frosting to harden before cutting into nice pieces.
Mind the Home http://www.mindthehome.com/