Are you guys in the mood for a healthy weekend treat? Me and my husband are dangerously close to falling down the ‘cake and coffee in the weekend afternoons’-trap and I’m no stranger to bringing you down with me.
A Low Carb, Gluten-, Dairy and Sugar Free Apple Cake
- 3 eggs
- 1 dl (0,42 cups) coconut oil, no flavor/smell + coconut fat to fry apples in
- 3 apples
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 0,5 tbsp cardamom
- 3 tbsp liquid honey
- pinch of salt
- 1 dl (0,42 cups) coconut flour (I use the one from Aman Prana)
- 2 tbsp psyllium husk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Peel and chop apples. Fry in coconut fat (or butter), salt, cinnamon and cardamom a couple of minutes so that the spices and the apples mix well. Remove from stove.
- Butter (or in this case use coconut fat) and bread (I use potato fiber) the baking pan.
- Whip eggs with electric blender until they become a silky foam.
- Pour liquid honey into the eggs.
- Melt coconut oil and pour into eggs.
- Add coconut flour, psyllium husk and baking powder. Give it a quick whip and then pour into the baking pan.
- Pour the fried apple on top of the cake and use your fingers or a spoon to push them down into the batter a bit.
- Bake 20 minutes in 180 C (356 F) hot air. If you don't have hot air add 25 C (77 F) to the number.
- Serves really well hot but also delicious refrigerated! :)
Mind the Home http://www.mindthehome.com/