It’s the jolly season of asparagus and here’s a really simple yet delicious recipe that me and my husband truly enjoyed with a glas of sparkling wine.
Withe Asapargus with a Parmesan and Butter Sauce
- 125 g butter
- 1 large yolk
- 1,5 tbsp choped shallot
- 3 white peppercorns
- large pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp water
- 1,3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 dl (0,85 cups) grated parmesan
- 0,2 tbsp dijon mustard
- Steam the asparagus about 5 minutes in a metal strainer above boiling water. Then barbecue them (maybe a little less then we did ;)).
- Pour water and vinegar into a small pan.
- Crush peppercorns and add.
- Chop shallot and add. Let simmer until amount have reduced to half.
- Meanwhile, melt butter on low heat.
- Separate egg yolks and put in a narrow bowl.
- Filter the vinegar mixture into the egg yolks.
- Use a hand blender and blend while slowly pouring butter into the yolks. The sauce will get thick and creamy.
- If not grated, grate parmesan and pour into the butter sauce, blend again with blender.
- Add salt and mustard and stir with a spoon.
- Chop apple and serve with the asparagus and sauce.
- Enjoy :)
Mind the Home http://www.mindthehome.com/