This recipe for Low Carb (Egg free) Vanilla Ice Cream and Fried Rhubarbs is so simple, you can really impress your guests with it without really working for it (don’t you just love that concept?). It takes 30 minutes but taste like an eternity of pleasure!
During pregnancy it’s not good to eat eggs in raw form so my ice cream recipes for now are egg free. It works nicely but I think that the texture would be even more creamy with the eggs!
- 4 dl (1,7 cups) cream
- 1,5 dl (0,6 cups) whole milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1,5 tbsp sugar
- 3-4 rhubarbs
- 1 tbsp honey
- Split the vanilla bean and use a small knife to collect the seeds. Put in a pot with the bean shell, milk, cream and sugar.
- Let it simmer 15 minutes then remove the bean shell.
- Leave in fridge until it is cold.
- Pour into ice cream maker.
- Meanwhile, peel the rhubarbs, chop them nicely and fry with honey and butter until al dente.
- Serves about 4 smaller portions ;)